Conference Date and Time
April 14, 2023
12:30 – 5:30 p.m. CST
The conference explores pediatric mental health relating to the emergency care setting.
- Normal? – 30 minutes
- Presenter: Angela Schladoer, DPM – Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, UTRGV School of Podiatry
- Turning the Tide: Trauma Informed Care for Children – 50 minutes
- Presenter: Bret Burton, MD, MBA – Chief Medical Officer, Medical City Fort Worth
- Life After Trauma – A Child’s Perceptive – 30 minutes
- Presenter: Kayla Cehand, MSN, RN, CPN, NEA-BC – Abilene Market Trauma Program Manager, Hendrick Health
- What Can You See Through a WIDE Lens? – 50 minutes
- Presenter: Erica Danielle Cristan, LMSW, Driscoll’s Care Response Team
- Standardizing Suicide Screening in the Pediatric Population in the Rio Grande Valley – 50 minutes
- Presenter: Aaron Salinas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC, NRP – Assistant Professor, UTRGV BSN Program Coordinator, UT Health Rio Grande Valley-Nurse Practitioner
- Interprofessional Panel Discussion – 60 minutes
- JoAnn Craze RN, Migrant Health Perspective
- Ysela Morales, Special Education Counselor, Brownsville ISD Special Services
- Aaron Salinas DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC NRP, Psychiatric Pediatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Perspective
- Angela Schladoer, DPM, Survivor Perspective
- Kevin McFarlane, Moderator
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Discuss understanding a victim’s perception of normal and how it affects your interactions with them.
- Discuss trauma informed care as it relates to the pediatric patient.
- Discuss how personal experience of trauma as a child has translated to professional practice.
- Discuss, from the perspective of a SANE and crisis team member at a Children’s Hospital, the impact of childhood experiences and mental health.
- Discuss suicide screening in the pediatric population including tools and resources.
- Describe their experiences including what they learned in the process, what they wish healthcare professional knew and how to impact the child and family.
RN, APRN, LVN, MD, DO, PA, EMS, EMT, Paramedic, SW, LPC, LMFT, LCSW Counselors, Psychologists
Conference Schedule and Flyer
Conference Location – Hybrid
In-person (Seating limited to 100 participants)
Holiday Inn Resort
100 Padre Boulevard
South Padre Island, TX 78597
Online conference will also be held on Zoom.com. Registrants will be emailed the Zoom access link once payment has been received.
Transportation from the airport to South Padre Island.
Seating limited to 100 in-person participants.
- ENA Members or LVN/EMT/Students* – $35
- Non-ENA Members – $45
In person registration will be accepted at the door, based on space availability.
Registrants must be an ENA member on the day of the seminar to receive the ENA member discount.
*Student – as defined by ENA: an individual obtaining their initial licensure as an RN (registered nurse).
Online registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on April 10, 2023.
4.5 CNE/CME Hours
- HCA Gulf Coast Continuing Nursing Education is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Louisiana State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. LSNA Provider No. 4002077.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine (UTRGV SOM) and Texas Emergency Nurses Association. UTRGV SOM is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. UTRGV SOM designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, including 3.25 in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
- Social Workers, LPCs, LMFTs, LCSW Counselors and Psychologists
Texas licensing agencies for social workers, counselors and psychologists do not preapprove CEU programs (for certain State approved organizations). It is the responsibility of each attendee to ensure that subject material complies with the requirements of their respective licensing board.
- CAPCE Approval
This continuing education activity is approved by the DHR Health, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 4.5 Advanced CEHs, activity number 23-DHRH-F1-0414.
Christine Russe – Christine.email@example.com
A written request must be received prior to March 31, 2023 for a refund. No refund will be issued after March 31, 2023.